Chandigarh to Goa on Road Trip.. !!
- 3 days long drive with Honda Jazz
- 2200 KMs,
- With average of 17.0 KM/ph; Total 4950 KM.
Covering states Punjab>> Haryana>> Rajasthan>>Gujarat>>Maharashtra>>Karnataka —->GOA and of course multiple cities… ♥
SO it was beginning of March 2020, Corona cases in India were very few and we were planning this road trip since Dec 2019.. And this virus was making us quite uncertain to make up for this trip. But then this trip was meant to happen.
On the day of travel being quite oblivious about the trip. We all were in delima to GO FOR IT or just drop the plan. Then long story short after all the discussions we planned to make it Happen.. ♥. If you are planning for such trip you must go.. its real FUN and ADVENTURE. Click here to watch the exciting journey..!!
Scroll Down for the tips on Road trip.
Breathtaking views on the way…. 🙂
“The freedom of the open road is seductive, serendipitous and absolutely liberating.”
Every road trip is unique still few standard tips for road trips might help you
FEW TIP for long road Trips..
This is from my experience and will help you as well.
- 1st thing 1st Make sure to keep your spare tyre (Stepney) in good shape. Yes it is must.
- Going to GOA means you will be driving on different terrains (Plains, hills , rough roads) make sure to check the condition of your tyres and car before you plan for long journey.
- Do check the roads/routes you going to take well in advance.
- Keep a map , Yes a paper map or may a specific navigation device. Google maps will really NOT help always. There are high chances you might miss a route or take a wrong turn and google map will never fails to show you the shortest path even if it goes through hell. It can take you to the narrowest and busiest street. Avoid using google maps always.
- Try to follow NHs (National Highways) where ever possible and search for SH(State Highways) before you take them as conditions of all SHs will not be good.
- Many roads under construction/newly constructed or blocked due to any reason will not be shown in map clearly, If lost/confused rather then taking google map take help from local people or street vendors.
- You must take rest its long journey, Not only you, your car will also need some rest
- Keep the fast tag active loaded with money it will ease your travel as you will come across many tolls in all the states.
- Keep your car papers handy and complete
- Join roadside assistance on safer side, At Least if your car breaks down in middle of nowhere you will have some help available.
- Keep your car filled with snacks,drinks ,chips.. So along the way you won’t find good eating joints everywhere. Every state you will find something unique.
- Few additional things can be taken in car on safer side, A rope , torch and water bottles
It was such a blissful journey and enriching trip that it has become an integral part of my LIFE journy.You can click here to watch short video from this trip.
Thanks for reading. Plan your trip & post your experience in comments below. ♥