Chandigarh to Goa on Road Trip.. !!
- 3 days long drive with Honda Jazz
- 2200 KMs,
- With average of 17.0 KM/ph; Total 4950 KM.
Covering states Punjab>> Haryana>> Rajasthan>>Gujarat>>Maharashtra>>Karnataka —->GOA and of course multiple cities… ♥
On the day of travel being quite oblivious about the trip. We all were in delima to GO FOR IT or just drop the plan. Then long story short after all the discussions we planned to make it Happen.. ♥. If you are planning for such trip you must go.. its real FUN and ADVENTURE. Click here to watch the exciting journey..!!
Every road trip is unique still few standard tips for road trips might help you
FEW TIP for long road Trips..
This is from my experience and will help you as well.
- 1st thing 1st Make sure to keep your spare tyre (Stepney) in good shape. Yes it is must.
- Going to GOA means you will be driving on different terrains (Plains, hills , rough roads) make sure to check the condition of your tyres and car before you plan for long journey.
- Do check the roads/routes you going to take well in advance.
- Keep a map , Yes a paper map or may a specific navigation device. Google maps will really NOT help always. There are high chances you might miss a route or take a wrong turn and google map will never fails to show you the shortest path even if it goes through hell. It can take you to the narrowest and busiest street. Avoid using google maps always.
- Try to follow NHs (National Highways) where ever possible and search for SH(State Highways) before you take them as conditions of all SHs will not be good.
- Many roads under construction/newly constructed or blocked due to any reason will not be shown in map clearly, If lost/confused rather then taking google map take help from local people or street vendors.
- You must take rest its long journey, Not only you, your car will also need some rest
- Keep the fast tag active loaded with money it will ease your travel as you will come across many tolls in all the states.
- Keep your car papers handy and complete
- Join roadside assistance on safer side, At Least if your car breaks down in middle of nowhere you will have some help available.
- Keep your car filled with snacks,drinks ,chips.. So along the way you won’t find good eating joints everywhere. Every state you will find something unique.
- Few additional things can be taken in car on safer side, A rope , torch and water bottles
Breathtaking views on the way…. 🙂
As many of you asked me to share the route i followed so here is the list of stations you will cross from north TO south.
- Started from Zirakpur (Punjab)
- Took Chandigarh – Delhi highway
- After Sonipat take Eastern peripheral Expressway towards Jaipur,
- We took break for night @ 01:00 AM on Pushkar Bypass Hokaran.
- Started in morning again @ 08:30 AM
- Crossed Ajmer
- Took NH62, Crossed Veerwada and entered Gujarat
- Took NH08 Vaghodia-kapurai
- Took Break at 01:00 AM again near Bhanodra Road (Surat)
- Took NH48 , Balwada (Navsari)
- Patlara ( Daman and Diu) Drove from here for 2.5hrs and entered Maharashtra
- Took Pune – Goa road from there
- Took break after pune in Belagavi (Karnataka)
- From Belagavi we took Chorla Ghaat road
- Entered Goa Finally…. ✌️💁🏻♀️💁🏻
We spent total of Rs 4500 on toll. (Both side). And total count of toll one way is almost 34. Apx 130lt petrol one side costing aprox 10k
“The freedom of the open road is seductive, serendipitous and absolutely liberating.”
It was such a blissful journey and enriching trip that it has become an integral part of my LIFE journy.You can click here to watch short video from this trip.
Thanks for reading. Plan your trip & post your experience in comments below. ♥